Recent research shows that UK millennials are rejecting potential employers due to uninspiring office layouts, and one fifth of millennials have also turned their back on a job due to poor office design. With millennials set to take over the workplace, it is becoming increasingly important that employers ensure their working environment is inspiring, modern and up to date in order to attract and retain their staff as well as increase productivity.Not only will switching to a millennial office space attract milennials and young talent, but it also promotes a positive company image, creates a stronger collaborative workforce and improves morale. Consider the following design elements when it comes to switching to a millennial office space:
- Natural lighting – natural light is known for having a positive impact on mental health, wellness and productivity
- Bright colours and plants – colour scheme may impact mood and productivity levels
- Functional desk spaces – clutter-free, organised desks for specific tasks keep things running smoothly in the office
- Warm room temperature – 21 degrees Celsius is said to be the perfect temperature to improve focus and productivity
- Open space – open spaces allow for increased collaboration and allows staff members to feel less restricted to one desk or area
This infographic features 7 benefits of switching to a millennial office space, as well as key facts and figures to support the impact office design has on productivity.
Please include attribution to century-office.co.uk with this graphic.